A fundamental objective of the Gwich’in Comprehensive Land Claim Agreement (GCLCA) is to encourage the self- sufficiency of the Gwich’in and to enhance their ability to participate fully in all aspects of the economy.
The Gwich’in Business Development Department is an administrative body of the Gwich’in Tribal Council. Our department is responsible to implement the following initiatives
- Gwich’in Business Policy;
- GNWT Memorandum of Understanding (MOU);
- Industry Access & Benefits Agreements – in effect;
- Strategic Business Development Plan
- Gwich’in Business Capacity Initiatives; and
- Manage Gwich’in Business Development website
The Business Development Department will be guided by the following:
Gwich’in must be Competitive, Successful, and Meaningful Participants in a global economy.
GTC’s Business Development Department will promote and support sustainable business development by ensuring that we understand and take into account what Gwich’in businesses need to become and remain successful, and we will be responsive to those needs.
- Individuals are the critical factor in successful business development. For a business to become viable, individuals must be capable, committed and motivated.
- Honesty and integrity will govern our activities.
- All individuals will be treated with dignity and respect.
- We will develop and maintain relationships that focus on the creation of value for all.
- We will support business development that does not negatively impact the environment.
- We will maintain respect for our culture, our traditions and our land.